Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eval Results & Potty Training

Well, I got my phone call late yesterday with the "good" news. Tater Bug does not qualify to continue in the early intervention program. He has some cognitive and self help delays, but not enough to qualify him. So this is good and bad. I think I am disappointed because I am scared. I am scared that we might miss something if I don't have therapists in the mix. I mean, I insisted he was speech delayed, but it wasn't diagnosed until 18 months. We missed all the warning signs for his Sensory Integration Disorder. The speech therapist was the one who caught it. I just don't want something to be missed again. I guess it goes along with my fears of being an inadequate mother. She said they can always re-evaluate him if we have concerns. They have open screenings every May and we could take him to that too. So it is good news.

On another note, we are now potty training. Tater Bug went pee in the potty tonight! Can I get a Woohoo?!?! He has had an interest in the potty for some time now but was never able to communicate well enough to actually do it! Now that he is talking up a storm, it is time to bite the bullet! We are off to a great start! Hopefully he will keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO for Tater Bug! Such a big boy!!!

    Sorry again about the not qualifying for public preschool...I know it's got to be a bit frantic knowing you'll be the on your own so to say. Good news is he can be retested, if need be. Otherwise...enjoy that BOY! They do grow up so darn fast! Sending hugs of support, I know you'll be on your toes. Love you, bren

    ReplyDelete