Friday, January 2, 2009

I *Heart* New Year's

Well, not really... I *heart* having the day off, but when you have to work at home, well that stinks! Our New Year's was pretty uneventful. We took all of our Christmas decorations down. That is the part that I hate! It means the season is over and there is a VERY long dry spell until the next paid off holiday! Five months to be exact, unless you are one of those losers that work for the government. Then you get to take off when W. takes a dump! (yeah, I AM jealous!)

Anywho, I hate to take down all of the pretty decorations. I love walking out to my car and seeing the twinkling of the lights every morning and having them greet me when I get home. I love the family get-togethers and the food! (Refer to previous post) I love the sense of calm that the season brought me this year! I just want to do it all over again! And again, and again...

Now I have to start planning Tater Bug's birthday party. His birthday is February 20th. He will be 3! I simply can't believe it! How do they grow up so fast? It feels like only yesterday that we were in the hospital trying to keep him from coming 7 weeks too soon. And the trauma of everything after that. I will have to re-tell those stories when the time gets closer. I actually feel like I am healing just a tiny bit from it all. It helped that Stink Bait was born full term and I wasn't re-hospitalized after his birth! I can actually talk about it now without crying like the big sap that I am!

Tonight I will try to post some pictures from the holidays. That is if Stink Bait lets me! (I had to play Wii sports last night with him strapped to my chest!) Priorities, I know! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I resemble that government employee!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving this blog! It's nice to read your nearly daily thoughts...makes me feel like you're not so darn far away!!! Happy '09 to you! See you soon, maybe even for Tater Bug's big "3"! Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl, your new blog looks awesome! Lovin' the design...and it's so GIRLY!!! LOVE IT!!! Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Aim! I love this blog, it's beautiful!!

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete