Well, our first wedding is booked! Do you hear me chewing on my fingernails? Nervous as all heck? June 6th is the big day! :) So, we have exactly 6 weeks to prepare! In the mean time, I will be doing my research on wedding photography. I will also be looking into renting a lens or two for the event. I might do some practice runs, if possible, with one!
Tater Bug is sick. Strep and an ear infection. Nice. I sat back today and realized how much easier a full term baby is compared to a premature baby. Being first time parents AND parents of a preemie, we didn't know what was normal and what wasn't. All babies spit up, but Tater Bug would soak cloth diapers when doing so. I am sure this was a result of undiagnosed reflux. All babies make a mess when they eat, but Tater Bug would squirt out both sides of his mouth! I am sure this was because he didn't know how to suck AND was an early indication of Sensory Integration Disorder. All babies are very aware and curious of their surroundings, but Tater Bug wasn't near as interested as Stink Bait is. This was, I am sure, a result of his eye problems that went undiagnosed for 18 months! Also a result of his prematurity. Tater Bug has been sick. A LOT! He was at the doctor twice as many times as Stink Bait by this age. My point... Stink Bait had his 6 month well baby visit yesterday. He weighed 19 lbs 8 oz and was 28 in long! Tater Bug didn't hit this until he was a year old!
Stink Bait got 5 more weeks in the womb than Tater Bug did, but the ramifications of those extra 5 weeks have had a huge impact on his (and our) life! Many March for Babies events are occurring right now. I am sure there is one in your area. Ours is in late September/early October. Please, please help the March of Dimes by donating to a family team in your area. Many of the links on my sidebar are friends I have met through the March of Dimes. They all walk. They all have one purpose. Help them give every baby their 9 months and a better shot at a healthy childhood. I don't know when prematurity will stop following us, but I look forward to the day that it does!

Good luck! May I suggest that you get a super great flash. The one I have is the top rated for weddings. It's the Canon Speedlite 580EX II. See if you can rent one. If you like it, try to buy one. I know they are pricey but mine has already paid for it's self and I have yet to agree to doing a wedding.
ReplyDeleteI hope your babe gets to feeling better soon. I know the struggles of having a preemie. Mine was born at 34 weeks. Sadly, he is not here to know what it's like to still have to deal with being a preemie on a daily basis. But I hope soon, you guys will get a break and it will calm down.
Sorry Tater Bug is under the weather. Hopefully Spring will bring about no more sickies for the whole family! Give him a hug from us!?!
ReplyDeleteAnd wow, Stink Bait's gettin' big! :) Lookin' forward to some new pics of the boys soon.
Congrats on booking your 1st wedding! I'm so excited for you! You'll do a wonderful job & your on site support system will be right there to remind you that you ROCK and not to worry!!! ;) Love you, Miss you, Bren
Lesley is sick also! I am praying I can have the same thing with you with #2, when that time comes. Your right, we don't know whats normal and whats not....
ReplyDeleteHugs to you my friend and good luck with your wedding. You will do great, I know it!
Tracy
You definitely have a sick little one on your hands. I too haven't realized until now, and Jack is 5, how often he gets sick compared to his friends. I didn't realize that not every child didn't go on an antibiotic or go to the doctor when they got sick.
ReplyDeleteI still gotta say, our oldest boys are pretty amazing. From their early start to what they're both doing now, miracles I tell ya, miracles, and stink bait is just proof that miracles happen everyday and happen to every mom who has had a loss or a preemie.
Big hugs,
Kelly
Hey! Thanks for commenting and thank you for helping me out with this. You can do anything you want to do. Just take a picture with something with his name on it and if you can, where you are from. You don't have to do this. You can have your kids hold a balloon with his name on it if you want. Or of them releasing the balloon. It's up to you. If you can do it before his birthday I would appreciate it because I am hoping to get this project done before his birthday. Again, thank you!
ReplyDeleteI know the wedding photo shoot will be a big success. Try not to stress out :-)
ReplyDeleteMy niece will be walking for the March of Dimes next weekend...
BTW, I have a new giveaway on my blog that you may be interested in entering http://tinyurl.com/dyb7v4 (I think it's kinda cool!)
In your last paragraph, you say that Tater got 5 "MORE" weeks than Stink Bait. That's opposite of what you meant, right? Surely. If not, then I'm confused.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that Tater's sick. I hope he feels better soon and best of luck on that wedding. I'm actually nervous for you, and yet I know you'll do great and then share it with us!!! I can't wait to see some of your shots!
Hope he feels better, M2 is pretty sick right now too. We took him the dr on Mon. He's on 2 kinds of meds.
ReplyDeleteHe's a full term NICU-er and is still a lot more work then my full term non-NICU-er.
gosh darn prematurity! I hear everything you said...Hope he feels better soon! Poor little guy!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
K