Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Ramblings...

Sorry I have been a little "gone" from my blog for a few days. I have a lot going on right now...


Good news... We got the estimate from the builder and it is closer to our affordable price range! It still is a little high, but I think we will be able to shave off some of the expenses ourselves. Golf Man's father owns a hardware store, so we might be able to get some hefty discounts through him! Yay! It still really worries me about the financing. I hope the current state of our economy doesn't prevent us from getting a loan. I mentioned my troubles the other day to someone and they said "Well, those companies just got billions of dollars so they should be able to afford to give you a loan!" True dat! :)

I am still fighting with the OT over Tater Bug's test results/therapy. They have called me the past two Wednesday's seeing if we would be there when I clearly never made an appointment. I also asked about hour long therapy and they said I would have to bring him in earlier. Meaning, I would have to miss more work which equals less $$$ in the pocket. I still don't have the test results that I have been requesting for weeks now. I talked to the office manager today and she talked with the OT. She "might" be able to have them for me this afternoon. That is, IF we were going to therapy which we are not. I refuse to take him back until I get the corrected results. I am pretty much done with this group. It was a complete waste of my time and $$$. I like the OT, she seems knowledgeable and friendly enough, but I am getting the feeling of the "copay" here. Soooo.... I am hunting down something else. I was told the other day about OT involving horses. Since I live in The Horse Capital of the World, maybe this would be fun and different for Tater Bug. I am going to look into it. I mean what could be better than him having to put trust in a 1000 lb animal? We shall see! :)

Stink Bait is sick. Well, the whole family excluding me has been sick for the past week. Stink Bait is to the point where he needs to be seen now. So, instead of missing work for OT this afternoon, I will be missing to take him to the dr. If it isn't always something! Ya know? I was hoping spring would bring us some relief. However, I must say, this winter has been the best so far since Tater Bug was born. That first winter with my preemie was exhausting! Luckily/Hopefully, we are past most of that. And with Stink Bait being full term, I am hoping his childhood sicknesses will be much less than Tater Bug's! :)

Easter was great! Low key, which is what I like! We visited with both sets of grandparents with a nap in between! Much better than in the past... we would run, no nap, from one place to the next. It wasn't fair to one party or another because of the grumpiness that ensued with no naps! We weren't rushing to get out the door and spend a half an hour in the car. It was quite nice! And, everybody was happy! :) The kids enjoyed their baskets and we even had an egg hunt! Tater Bug's basket isn't the best for holding eggs. He would bend over, an egg (or two) would fall out, and a kid would be behind him to pick it up! :) Just the same, he had a blast and ate WAY too much candy! But what are you gonna do? They need to be a kid every once in a while!

I have had a couple of photo shoots and am still trying to sort through those pictures! I am working with April over at April Showers Blog Design to get my Little Bugz site looking better and that is coming along nicely! And for those of you that have seen the Tater Bug Site lately, rest assured, it will be changing again soon. :) The colors are bright glowing and it won't be that way much longer. We are going to tone it down some! Sorry for the blindness I have inflicted on some of you! :) Ms. Mik at So Dazzling Blogs is going to fix it! Make it all purdy! :)

I have a wonderful opportunity coming up this weekend! I am going to help some professional photographers take pictures of babies in our local NICU! I will be downloading the pics and burning them on disc. And if time allows, I may be assisting in the photographing! Isn't that great!?!? I am really excited! Hopefully I will learn a trick or two in taking pics in low lighting situations. How cool is that? And, helping NICU families along the way. Double win! :) I have thrown around the idea of joining the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep program. I talked to my mom about it and I guess I just have to get there emotionally first. I really want to do it, but I fear that I will be too attached and it will take too much of an emotional toll on me. However, to give a family that gift is priceless. I love taking pictures and would love to give this gift. I just have to get a little tougher skin. I can see myself bawling like a complete fool in front of a grieving family. But taking pictures of NICU babies is a good start. :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Aileigh, you certainly HAVE had a lot going on! I've been following Tater Bug's story since we found each other and I really hope things work out for you in that department. And I hope that you get into a place comfortable enough for you to do the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep program. I think that's a wonderful thing that you can do for a family.

    As for the horse OT program, go for it! Maybe someday we'll hear about Tater Bug riding the winning horse in the Triple Crown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited your doing this and its an added bonus that your helping out the families.

    As for NILMDTS, I think its great that your thinking about, but it is very emotional. Walking into a grieving family at the very weakest, toughtes time, it's hard to keep yourself together and I don't know how Courtney who did ours held her stuff together and smile. You'll get there, I know you will and I love you for that!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your describtion of Tater bug and his Easter basket had me cracking up!! My boys seem to do that every year too!!I hope everyone is feeling better and that Stink Bait gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow taking pictures of NICU babies sounds great!! Good Luck.

    I have an award for you, I'm working on the post for tomorrow so stop by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the photos with the NICU. Pretty cool to get your feet wet in something like that, huh? =0)

    I'm off to your Little Bugz site to see your new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography is taking off! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that will be a good start. And a good opportunity to learn!

    Glad you ditched the OT if you weren't happy there. Tara (from TMI and Kidz) does horse therapy with her Chloe. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl. My goodness, I just talked to you, but your blog never ceases to amaze me in how busy you are in your everyday life. I certainly hope Stink Bait is home from the Dr & on his way to feeling better. I can't believe the gall of the OT office; come in for an appt and we "might" have your corrected tests ready! Pooey! Those corrected scores are rightfully yours, period. They should not be "copaying" you to no end, absolutely ridiculous. I sincerely hope you are able to find a new OT place, horses sound fantastic, but one that WANTS to work with Tater Bug and YOU! I wish you peace and success in this hopefully short journey! Happy to hear Easter went well! YAY! Can't wait to see pics! Double YAY-YAY for the estimate on your house...how exciting!!! ;) The NILMDTS program sounds absolutely incredible. What a beautiful gift to be able to offer someone who might not even know what they need at those moments. I know you, someday you'll get to the place you need to be to be able to do this...in the meantime, learning this weekend will help you discover what skills (mentally, emotionally, and photography wise) you'll need to work on. A win-win situation if you ask me! I love you girl! Miss you! Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing if you can do the NILMDTS, it takes a special person to do so.
    Glad to hear about the house! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about the house!!! I'm sure that relieves some worries!

    Glad you had a wonderful Easter. Anytime you get a nap, it's considered a success!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete