Hello bloggers!!!
Yep, been away for another week! Seriously, this will not continue. Just been under a little stress.... The hard drive (with the only copy of wedding pictures from July 25th) is BROKEN. Meaning data recovery here we come! Luckily, a friend found a FLAT RATE place in IL. I just have to ship it to them and buy a drive from them to store the recovered data on. Not bad considering the quotes I was getting were upwards of $2,500!!! He did, however, recover about 40% of the photos off of one of my memory cards! Yay! So I have been downloading those so we can go ahead and get started on them! This place has a turnaround of 5-7 days and I have been told that they are 100% effective on this kind of recovery! Woohoo! So, maybe, by next week I will be able to sleep a little better. I have taken the steps to backup EVERYTHING! I signed up for Mozy. :)
That calls for a bit of a celebration! I started taking pictures of the lot and the progress. I am hoping that I will be able to catch most of it! The estimated date of completion is December 1st! Can you believe that? So it is going to be a crazy 4 months! Monday, Golf Man, my mom, and I are all going to pick some stuff out. We are going to the cabinet place and a builder's warehouse. Should be fun! Mom has to help me because I CAN NOT put colors together! She has an eye for that stuff! I need like 3 choices to pick from. And there are thousands! So she is going to narrow down for me. :)
Other than that, not much to report! I hope everyone is doing well! I don't have anything planned for this weekend, so I will probably catch up on blogs! However, if my hubby has anything to say about it, I am sure I will have SOMETHING to do! :)

So very excited on both accounts: hard drive recovery (YAY!) & breaking ground on your house (SUPER YAY!) You all are going to be so busy~I can't wait to go on this exciting wild ride with you. :) Please take your camera to the builder's warehouse...I want to see some of the overwhelming choices you have! Hee-hee!!! Hey, a girl can live vicariously right?? Love you and miss you, Bren
ReplyDeletehi~~i enjoyed what i read on your blog~~yes, one does learn to back up computers don't they~~LOL and i so need to do that~~thanks for the reminder~~congrats on the building project~~i did that almost 2 years ago after my husband committed suicide~~and moved my parents in with me~~you have a beautiful family~~ENJOY building a house~~it will be lots of stress but a truck load of fun
ReplyDeleteGosh...sounds like I missed a lot of excitement. I'm glad you're hard drive can be recovered...I have nightmares about losing my stuff. And YAY a new house!!! How EXCITING! It's a bit stressful but so very much worth it when you walk through the door of a brand spanking new house that's all yours! I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeletethank goodness you will be able to recover the photos-- phew!! disaster averted :D
ReplyDeleteglad you were able to recover the photos, that would just kill me. and looking forward to seeing the progress:)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are getting the hard drive situation fixed.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been by in awhile. Sounds like you've been very busy.
Have a nice rest of the week.
Nannette from Life:be-in-it