Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wow....

All I can say is wow.  If you don't know, this link and this link explains my lack of words.

Onto the more positive-we added to the brood today.  A puppy mill was raided the other day very close to where I live.  Being the animal lover that I am, I immediately wanted to help in any way I could.  I expressed my desire to foster/adopt one of the dogs to Jamie (yes, another change coming, I am using our real first names) with less than positive feedback.  I decided to stop by today after work and see if there was anything I could do to help or find out if there were any restrictions on fostering.  I was mainly concerned because we have two dogs, Bree (female yorkie-poo) and Jake (male collie mix), and wanted to know if that mattered at all.  As you can imagine, the scene was heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time.  I stood in line for fostering a dog.  When it was my turn, there were three dogs left.  And four of us in line.  One couple came all the way from Lexington.  Another woman had a very eager child with her.  And the other lady was going to make the dog the nursing home mascot.  The question was asked if there were any other small animals that needed homes.  The puppy mill was busted and dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, an owl, and two wolves were found.  The lady replied that there is a hamster needing a home.  It was found next to a garbage can.  Volunteers assumed there was nothing in the cage and it was sitting there waiting to be thrown out.  Wrong!

Meet Snowy!

And a very happy Ryan and Nick!

On that note, my name is Aimee... Nice to "meet" you!  ;)

4 comments:


  1. This is such an excellent blog. I visited robot Wars live show Latest Development in London it was an awesome trip for me we spent marvelous time and we hit our steal robots so many times while playing games.D it was much much blast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post. Nice work you have done.

    Ekadashi 2017: Ekadashi fasting is observed on every 11th Tithi in Hindu calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carpet cleaning is one of the inevitable things that must be done regularly to keep your home look and look beautiful and elegant. Most of the time our company Cleaning Company Mukait Riyadh is keen to invest excellent tools in getting the best results in addition to the equipment for cleaning and drying which makes the furniture clean in a very short time.
    مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
    رش دفان بالرياض
    مكافحة الحمام بالرياض
    مكافحة فئران بالرياض
    رش مبيدات بالخرج

    ReplyDelete