My son, Tater Bug, was born 2 months premature. He did considerably well, physically, but we started noticing some delays and quirks around 18 months. He was evaluated for speech delays and he was extremely delayed in expressive. Receptive was awesome! So, for 12 months, we did speech therapy. When he turned 2, he still only had about a 5 word vocabulary. He would not repeat sounds or even try to say new words. It was all you could do to get him to say "bye" on most days. Then an occupational therapist intervened. At 2 1/2, it was like a light switch turned on. He went from 5-10 words to over 50! And he continues to add new words every single day. He is saying 2 and 3 word sentences.
Yay for speech and occupational therapy...
OR NOT!I can tell the words that
I say too much. They are the words in Tater Bug's new vocabulary! It wasn't until today that I realized what was going on. I say a word-he repeats it. Over and over and over and over!
"
No" "
Stop It" "
Be Quiet" "
Quit" "
Just a Minute" and my favorite "
Nasty!" Can I tell you how
true embarassing it is when he says that last one at my mother-in-law's cooking? Try to keep a straight face there!
I paid $30 a month for speech therapy. That totals out to $360. Can I get a refund so we can get a
Wii?
I love the things kids say. they can be so funny. I'm glad the speech therapy helped.
ReplyDeleteI'm stopping by from SITS to say hi.