Sunday, January 4, 2009

Domestication For The Heart

Betty Crocker-I am not! I also don't resemble Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray, or Paula Dean for that matter! This thirty-something momma is not creative or crafty. It is just not in my DNA. Well, actually, it should be... My mom is all of the above! She is a great cook, she can come up with some crafty and creative ideas! Somehow, I missed that part of the gene pool!

Well, since my "blogging" started, I have been browsing other people's blogs. I had just a picture blog and I was at the mercy of people who commented on the Tater Bug blog. I didn't know how to get out there and find momma's like me. I ran across this site and viola! I found a way to connect with other's that are like me! So it has inspired me, in a way. I found Tiffany at Eat At Home and started browsing through her recipes! I found several that I wanted to try. Her recipes seemed easy enough for even the not-so-domesticated wife/mom could do!

So I have tried two of her recipes so far. I made Chicken Tetrazini and it was really good! Then I decided to get brave and make Amish Oatmeal Cookies and they turned out not so good the first batch that I baked. I acutally had to change the baking time to 10-12 minutes. Here are the results:




Thanks, Tiffany, for domesticating this wife/mom just a little bit!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the recipes! I love to hear when people try them out for themselves. The cookies look great. I can see you must do a lot of baking because that stone is really seasoned well. Thanks for the kind words about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...yummy! Mail me some? Maybe we could bake/cook together next time I'm home~then our hubby's could enjoy our time together too...with full tummy's! Keep up the experimenting in the kitchen, I'm so proud of you! I imagine your MOM is too! :) Miss you! Love you! Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute blog! I heart it quite a bunch! :D

    Those cookies look yummy!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete