Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Heart of Golf Man

I love my husband. I really do. But sometimes...

Case And Point:

Last night, I got a text from Golf Man's cousin Kim. She has a blog and talked about some Amish bread starter and I told her that I wanted some of it. Since Golf Man works close to her, I figured he could swing by and pick it up for me. So here is the text exactly as I received it:

"Tell (Golf Man) that i will have bread 2morrow. im not driving so he'll have 2 come n office"

When I received the text, Golf Man heard it and asked me what it said. I re-read it to him word for word so that he would know what to do. Here is the following conversation:

Golf Man: "Where is the entrance to the office?"

Me: "Don't know"
I have never been there before

Golf Man: "Why isn't she driving to work?

Me: "Don't know, she didn't say"
I just read the text to you word for word idiot honey, besides, what difference does it make?

Golf Man: "Well how is she getting to work?"

Me: (In a very frustrated tone) "I DON'T KNOW"
I am withholding all information from you to see what you will do. I don't want to give up any more information because I want you to be completely left in the dark. Besides, pertinent information isn't all that you need to know. You need to know who, when, why, how, etc... And I just don't want to tell you. So there! :P

Me: "If you really need to know, pick up the phone and call her!"

At that point, he knew I was done with the conversation. This type of thing happens ALL THE TIME and it drives me insane! I give him all the info that I know, and he just keeps asking more and more questions. I guess it is good to be inquisitive, but geez!

So Kim, please give him a hard time today!

6 comments:

  1. Argh...men! Isn't it funny when we ask our guys to do something for "us" that it becomes a huge issue, BUT if they need us to go pick up a fishing/golf/truck item~well, we should just KNOW and NOT ask ?s. Argh...men! I hope you get your Amish bread starter, with NO strings attached. :) Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to re-read this to make sure that I read that correctly that it was HIS cousin he was picking up bread from not some random stranger. Ha ha. Guys are silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Why do hubbies do stuff like this? I love that amish bread stuff. It gets a bit overwhelming after a few cycles though if you don't give all the starter packs away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh out loud. Sounds like Round Eye! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aileigh feel free to delete this comment after you read it. I couldn't find your email. You can post a second comment on the contest to get your two entries total for making a purchase. It can say I made a purchase - entry 2. Or something along those lines. I would also suggest opening up a yahoo email account with your blog's name or whatever you feel comfortable with just for entering contests or having other bloggers email you. Some contests will automatically disqualify your entry because there is no email listed with it. I won't because I know where you are at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when people do that! What part of I DON'T KNOW are you not getting? Too cute :) Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete