Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I *Heart* My Babies!

I love my kids... If I had one sentence to describe me, that would be it. I take great pride in being a mom. It is the job I have wanted to do my whole life! And now, here I am, mother to two wonderful little boys! Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am. I don't know if I would have appreciated this job as much as I do if it hadn't been for Tater Bug's early arrival. Funny how traumatic experiences make you see things very clearly!

Thursday I will start the next phase of my volunteerism. I agreed to become a Parent to Parent volunteer. I am extremely excited about this! I have been involved with The March of Dimes since Tater Bug was 6 months old. Becoming a Parent to Parent volunteer will allow me to go into the NICU that Tater Bug stayed and talk to parents going through what I went through. I mostly hope to just listen and offer some comfort to these parents. I know when I was going through it, all I wanted to do was talk to someone who had been there and done that. I wanted someone to tell me it would be okay. The nurses tried to do that, but their job is to take care of our babies. I am hoping that my presence will compliment what they are doing.

Stink Bait was born full term at 38 weeks. It wasn't easy getting him to that point. He kept wanting to come early, but we held him off. I was hospitalized twice before he was born. I had to take daily blood thinner injections the entire duration of the pregnancy. I had to take a weekly progesterone shot for 14 weeks. I was on Procardia for contractions. I was on bed rest for 6 weeks. But you know what? I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! He is here and he is healthy and that is all that matters! :)

On my right sidebar, there are buttons for two families currently in the NICU. Kayleigh and Harper. They really need support right now. Please hop on over and show them some bloggy love! I know all too well how emotional that ride can be. Please keep these babies in your prayers. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful of you to do that. Those parents will really benefit having someone to talk to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday!!! I'm so excited for you to do this. :D :D Speaking of getting stuff done, we need to do something for V-day. Any ideas girly?

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is huge...i would've loved to talk to other parents when i had a kiddo in NICU...and i was just at Kayleigh Anne's blog and twitter. bless her little heart!

    ReplyDelete