Yesterday was Valentines Day. It was also my grandfather's birthday. He passed away almost 12 years ago and I still think about him sooo much on Valentine's Day. He was a wonderful man who was full of spirit. I was 19 when we lost him suddenly to cancer. He was diagnosed and within two weeks, he was gone. I know it hit my dad pretty hard. Dealing with cancer is something nobody should face. Unfortunately, it touches the lives of most of the population in some form or another. I know it runs rampant in my family and it is pretty scary. Please click on the link to the right to enter my giveaway. You won't be sorry.
My boys sent me some beautiful flowers! :) They are sooo sweet!
Memaw and Pappy graciously offered to keep the boys for us while we went out to dinner and ran some errands for next weekend's party! That's right, in 5 days my little preemie will be 3! I simply can't believe it! It seems like yesterday he was just a wee little one weighing just over 4 pounds! I am so proud of how far he has come and how much he has accomplished! He is a little fighter. From day one! I remember how scared I was in those days following his birth. Going back and forth to the NICU and wondering if we would ever be "normal." I was so naive. I now know that we will never be normal. But I am okay with that. We survived and he is thriving. That is all I could ever ask for!
Memaw and Pappy graciously offered to keep the boys for us while we went out to dinner and ran some errands for next weekend's party! That's right, in 5 days my little preemie will be 3! I simply can't believe it! It seems like yesterday he was just a wee little one weighing just over 4 pounds! I am so proud of how far he has come and how much he has accomplished! He is a little fighter. From day one! I remember how scared I was in those days following his birth. Going back and forth to the NICU and wondering if we would ever be "normal." I was so naive. I now know that we will never be normal. But I am okay with that. We survived and he is thriving. That is all I could ever ask for!


You are such a wise woman, mother, wife, daughter, & friend...I love you! :) Bren
ReplyDeleteMy Paw-Paw's birthday is also on Valentine's Day! We lost him to cancer 23 years ago, I was 13 at the time. I hope everyone is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteRobin