Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Did Our Mornings Get So Complicated?

Please tell me, because I want to know! We are a family of routine. Golf Man has his morning duties and I have mine. Well, today, the stars must not have been in alignment! EVERYTHING was off!

Stink Bait woke up early wanting to be fed. I did did not hear him, so Golf Man got up to feed him. Golf Man's alarm went off 30 minutes later and I didn't hear it. (Side note: This is why I have an alarm that makes you have to peel yourself off of the ceiling when it goes off! Music just doesn't cut it for me!) So I woke up about 10 minutes late. Well that threw everything off!

Tater Bug got up, got his diaper changed, his clothes on and heads into see what I am doing. He then declares he has to go potty. So Golf Man helps him get his pants down. At first, nothing happens, then he declares he went potty! (The potty makes sounds automatically when water hits the sensor. This potty was silent.)

"Are you sure?"

Then he stands up! Pee all the way down the clean blue jeans he just put on! Back to his room to get changed. Then he wants a cup of milk. Ok, fine. "Tater Bug, go put on your jacket." He comes back to me wanting help. Well, I am trying to get this stupid jacket on with absolutely no luck! I then realize that it is upside down and the hood is covering his bottom. My bad.

Out the door we go! Golf Man and I leave the house at the same time so he can help me get both boys out the door. I buckle in Tater Bug and Golf Man gets Stink Bait. I get myself into the car and Tater Bug realizes he has left his milk downstairs. So, Golf Man huffs willingly goes and gets it. He returns to the car and we say our goodbyes.

I start backing out of the driveway and Tater Bug starts to throw a fit! I kept asking him what was wrong, and he wouldn't answer me. So I roll down the window and ask Golf Man to help him so that I don't have to unbuckle myself and get out. The blanket was tangled up and he couldn't get it around him. Golf Man fixes it and we are all happy. For about 10 seconds!

I pull around the corner of the neighborhood and I hear clunkity clunk clunk! "MY CUP!!!!!!" SHIT! Okay honey, I will stop the car, get out of it, go around to your side, pick up the cup, give it to you, go back around to my side, get back in, buckle myself in, and put the car back into drive because you can't wait 10 minutes to get your milk. You know what he did with it when I handed it to him? Put it in his cup holder!

Oh, and did I mention that a skunk has taken up residence next to my office! I have had that wonderful aroma all freakin day! :)

Good Grief!!!


4 comments:

  1. I have had many a morning like this. Chaos in the morning can set the tone for the rest of my day

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Charlie Brown says, Good Grief. What a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the days when you just can't wait for it to be over and move on to the next one. Man, oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference 10 minutes can make! Here's to hoping the rest of the week is smooth sailing. See you this weekend. Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete