Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"It's Okay" Giveaway

That's right folks... I am jumping on this giveaway bandwagon! Unfortunately, it is not under the best of circumstances. Two days ago, Toni Roberts, a friend of the family, passed away from pancreatic cancer. You might be aware that this is one of the most deadly forms of cancer. Randy Pausch, "The Last Lecture," lost his battle last summer. Randy and Toni are inspirations to those who were facing the grim future of living with, and dying from this disease.
"When your days are numbered by cancer people ask why you would spend time writing a book instead of relishing in family moments. It's because this is the book I needed. It is so easy for your mind to be filled with anger and fear after receiving a diagnosis like terminal cancer. I needed spiritually uplifting books that gave me insight on how to live with cancer, how to be okay with the disease and most importantly, how to embrace this time as an opportunity from God. I hope this book offers you the encouragement you need and opens your eyes to God's workings and miracles that hide within the darkest moments of your life."

In honor of Toni and her courageous fight, I have decided to give away 3 copies of her book. I will do this over the next few weeks and use random.org to choose one winner every week. So the drawing for the first copy will begin now and end on February 18th at 11:59 p.m. EST time. I will draw the winner the next day. All you have to do is leave me a comment showing interest in the book. If you so choose, you can tell me how you have been affected by cancer in your life. If you are not a blogger, please leave your email in the comment so that I can have a way to get in touch with you. For additional entries:

*Follow Me
*Blog about this giveaway and link back to me
*Add my button to your blog

Please leave additional comments for each extra entry. I don't have a very big following, so please tell everyone you can about it! Thanks and God Bless!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Aimee!
    Its Tracy from share.... I have been following you.... I just don't have an acct. so thats why I have to click anonymous. I read "the last lecture" and learned so much from it! Great book, I would love to get my hands on this one. I have lost a grandfather and grandmother-in-law to cancer and this past October my moms companion died of cancer.
    Hugs and much love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a dear friend with prostate cancer and it has been hard to watch him change in such a short period of time. This sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally have not lost anyone close to me due to cancer; however, I have a grandma who has gone through a breast cancer scare and a grandpa who has a very rare disease that is treated with chemo and the other treatments for cancer.

    I do have friends that have gone through loss through cancer though and this would be a good book to have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhh Canc*r Sucks!
    I've lost my Mother to it, a best frien to it, and now my little brother is in late stage 4 kidney cancer! I could write my own book!
    Inspiration is seriously needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I so hate to hear this. My grandfather passed away from the same thing and my dad is now fighting the cancer battle. I would be honoured to win one of these books and will deffinatley follow you and add your blog to mine. I found you through SITS!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Great giveaway!

    I would love the book. My grandmother died of cancer and now I have a cousin battling it. I hope that one day there is a cure.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your friend. My husband and I have both lost family members to cancer. My husband's uncle died within a few months of finding out he had it.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great prize. I have a very close friend at work who just lost her college age son to cancer in Dec. She is not doing so well. I would love to share something like this with her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to win this book. Just found out a very close cousin of mine has stage 4 lung cancer. :( Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was led to this site from Girls With Books, a blog I started following just recently. I had my first experience with cancer at the age of 12 when the 4 year old boy I regularly babysat for was diagnosed with leukemia and subsequently died. Just recently my father-in-law lost his 15 year battle with prostate cancer and a close friend lost her 44 year old husband to brain cancer. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the offer.
    Pat in Rocheser, NY
    connor.patricia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too many members of my family have been touched by this terrible disease. I thankfully have a Grandma who battled breast cancer and won. But, on the other hand I have my dear Grandma who courageously lost her battle with colon cancer, and my hubby's Grandma (whom I loved as my own!) lost her battle with cancer. And now, we wait to hear what kind of suspicious lesion was found in my Aunt's lung~appears to be cancer (we find out tomorrow.) I don't understand this disease, why does it harm/hurt/kill people we love? I could definitely use some guidance and understanding and a sense of what to offer my family members and myself for that matter on how to go forward. This book sounds like a great place to start. Thanks for offering such a poignant giveaway! Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm not interested in the giveaway, I already have my copy of the book. Toni was my aunt, and I just want to thank you for helping to promote her book and share her story!

    ReplyDelete