Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nobody Told Me... Well Maybe I Just Didn't Listen

Parenting is hard...

Last night, Stink Bait woke up at 3 am! Not only was he hungry to the verge of starvation needing a little drink, but he also was ready to PARTAYYYY! Seriously, at 3 am! This kid has just teased us for the past six weeks with sleeping through the night. He only wanted us to get comfortable so that he could single-handedly burst our sleeping bubble. I am not quite sure what is going on here, but I would like to get to the bottom of it!

You see, Tater Bug is our sleeper. He will tell you when he wants to go to bed and 9 times out of 10, it is BEFORE his bedtime. "I go bed night night." And if you do not respond immediately in a timely manner, he throws a huge hissy fit! So, we have never had problems in the sleeping department. Only when he was sick. I braced myself for the exact opposite with the second child. I knew we got too lucky with Tater Bug. We just aren't that good of people for God to give us two *perfect* sleepers!

On New Year's Eve, Stink Bait finally slept through the night. He was a mere 11 weeks old. We were ecstatic to say the least. After dealing with colic for 5 of those 11 weeks, we were completely sleep deprived and thought this was our New Year's present from him. Well, I don't know what happened, but his wake up call has been gradually getting earlier and earlier. And now that he has found his scream voice, it makes it even more lovely for his dear sweet parents! The night before last, I could hear him in the bedroom with the door closed. He wasn't upset, just voicing his opinion. I hope this isn't a preview of things to come! :)


3 comments:

  1. Bless your hearts! 3am is WAY too early to Partay!! I hope he catches on super quick that you and Daddy won't be playing along. :) Love you and sending Stink Bait good night (ALL night) wishes. :) Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, um. Im going to refer you back to the name of my blog, take my sympathy and go now.

    mmmwah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...I hope it's just a minor setback! But gosh darn, look at the cute little face. You can't even get mad at that!

    ReplyDelete