Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who Is Aileigh?

Yesterday's post created some conflict within my "real" life. I want to address a few things in regards to this. In case you missed it, someone from my "real" life posted an anonymous comment to my blog. I won't go into what was said, but this person doesn't really know me. They have never taken the time to really get to know me. It got me thinking. Maybe I should tell you who I really am...

I am a very passionate person. When I love, I love with all of my heart. My kids, family, and friends are most important to me. That is not to say that I don't get aggravated from time to time. With that passion comes a short fuse. I will stand up for what I believe in and will not back down. If I see an injustice, I want to fight for what is right. When I believe in something, I put all my energy into it. I have my insecurities...who doesn't. I don't like to be "left out." I demand respect and will show the same respect in return. However, if I feel like I am being disrespected, I will let you know. If there is an issue, I want to deal with it right then. I don't like two faced people. I have been known to be guilty of it myself, but am working on that fault. I never claimed to be perfect and know that I am not. I can be stubborn. I will do anything in the world for the people that I love. I consider myself a pretty good friend, but I know that I always need to work on it a little more. I don't always say the right things, but my best intentions are there. I never want to intentionally hurt anyone. I know that I have, and probably will continue to hurt people with my words and for that I am sorry. I don't like to be blind-sided. I cry when I get really angry, which makes me even angrier. I don't like martyrs. My stance is quit feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it. I tend to hold a grudge. Another fault that I am working on. When I am wrong, I will say that I am wrong. I want to be liked by all people. Again a fault that I am working on. It shouldn't matter what others think, but it does. I am a control freak. I don't like it when I feel like someone else is trying to control me or part of my life. I love to laugh. I love to play board games. I can be selfish at times. However, this is a trait that has gotten better since I have had children. I have a hard time letting things go. I strive to be a good mother. A work in progress... I want my kids to grow up knowing that they are loved. Their happiness is the single most important thing to me. I try to be a good wife. Another work in progress... I hope that Golf Man would tell you that he is happy. I may not be the most domestic person, but I make up for it with love.

So that is Aileigh in a nutshell. Take it or leave it. Don't judge me before you know who I really am. Bottom line is when I love, I love with all of my heart. And I am not perfect. But who is? For those of you that do like my blog and are interested in what I have to say, Thank You! Your support means the world to me and I look forward to writing more positive posts!



4 comments:

  1. You're right, Aileigh in a nutshell. Sorry you had to explain/clarify yourself for that anonymous person who doesn't "really" know you. Those of us that do REALLY know you, LOVE you! You are my dearest friend in the world. I'd be lost without your LIGHT in my life. Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I didn't see the comment, so I don't really know why you are defending yourself. Let me just say that, I have alot of those faults too and am trying to work on them also!! Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't expect yourself to be! Thank you for being so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog.. It's sad the some people don't ever grow up.. I would like to follow the new blog.

    MKAFowler@sbcglobal.net is my e-mail address. I am not sure how else to contact you..

    ReplyDelete