Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Discovering Your Shadow

Every morning, Golf Man and I leave at the same time. It is usually dark out and we have a light that automatically comes on with movement. He helps me get the boys to the car. Tater Bug walks to the car and Golf Man carries Stink Bait. I usually lug the diaper bag and other random stuff needed for the day.

This morning, Tater Bug found his shadow. It went like this...

He was walking up the walk checking EVERYTHING out! He usually comments on the moon or the stars. Almost every morning he is going much slower than Golf Man or I so one or the other ends up nearly tripping over him in our hurry to get out the door.

TB: "Wook Mommy!"
I noticed him looking and pointing at his shadow.
Me: "Yeah, is that your shadow?"
TB: "No Mommy! Is Tater Bug!"
Me: "Yes baby, that is your shadow."
TB: "No Mommy! Is TATER BUG!"
Clearly, at this point, he didn't understand what a shadow is. :)
Me. "Yes baby, that is Tater Bug!"

Have we really been without sunshine for that long? Hopefully in the coming weeks we will be able to teach Tater Bug what a shadow really is! :)



9 comments:

  1. isn't that just the best age? I have a teenager now, but recall the toddler years as being so much fun-- little ones are so adorably curious :-)
    carma

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! I remember when my boys were fasinated by their shadows....they are great {cheap} entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh~how adorable and sweet! Precious moments like this help get us through the "not so precious" moments. :) Hee-hee! Love you, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids just love having their shadows chase them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M1 talks to his shadow, and it talks back!! It's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are too cute. I love their innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!

    With the kids I nanny for we like to step on each other's shadows and yell "Ow" like our shadow is yelling in pain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the toddler years. The mind is growing by leaps and bounds. My oldest when she was 3 years old asked me to "turn off the windy" once because it was blowing her hair! LOL Such sweet Blessings you have.

    ReplyDelete