First, our cruise is BOOKED! Woohoo! We are MckCruising, but I can't talk about the details on here. Part of the stipulations. Just know, it is going to be awesome! I simply can't wait! Golf Man and I are going to venture out onto the seas with our two small children! By ourselves! I am excited!
Second, the weather today is going to be nothing short of BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, like close to 70! How awesome is that? It is making me antsy for spring! Technically, spring is only 2 weeks away. Golf Man is going to bring Tater Bug's birthday gift home today so he can play outside all weekend! I really think he is getting a case of cabin fever! So, the John Deere tractor pictures will be popping up on all my sites! (In case you weren't aware, I have two links to the left. One is our family P365 picture blog and the other is my photography business blog. Go check them out!)
Third, I have the appointment made for our second opinion on Tater Bug. I am going to get him independently tested. If he meets the criteria, the public school system has to admit him into the program AND they have to pay for the testing. He will be tested next Wednesday at 2 pm. I will let you know how it goes. The good thing about this is that he will be tested on a 3 year old level instead of a 2 yr 10 mo. The standards will be a little higher. Also, we will get him into the program before the summer. If I had waited until May for the open screening, chances are that he would not have a therapist until the fall because they all cut back during the summer. It is really hard to get into their schedule because of summer vacation. This way, if he qualifies, he will already be established and we will get therapy over the summer. Keep your fingers crossed! My gut tells me that he NEEDS to be in the program. And from what I got from his OT, his Speech Therapist, and the PSC he needs to be in the program. So we shall see! :)
That is all the news I have for now! Have a great Friday!!! :)

Wow! IT is a happy Friday! :) Congrats on actually booking your cruise...I'm so excited for the 4 of you! What a wonderful experience~I know it's a little far off yet, BUT I can't wait to see your pictures from your adventures at sea. ;) And yay to getting your appt scheduled for Tater Bug's 2nd opinion. I'm anxiously awaiting the results. And here's to wonderful weekend weather!! We're supposed to hit 62+ today! Can't wait to see Tater Bug/John Deere pics...and some of Stink Bait outside too! Miss you much! Love you, Bren
ReplyDeleteYay!! You are going to have such a great time on the MckCruise!!! How are you going to handle waiting so long though??
ReplyDeleteThe weather is supposed to be really nice here this weekend too!! Yay! That means the boys can play outside and I can get my house cleaned up!
Good luck with Tater bug's appointment!
Have a SUPER weekend!
Hi my name is Jen,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to comment to say how awesome it is that you are actively seeking out services for your child. Being that this is the first time I've been to your blog I am not sure of Tater bug's need for a second opinion but I am always excited when I see parents knowledgeable of their rights. I am a special education teacher and on a more personal level my nephew is autistic and my sister has had to educate herself and fight for what's best for her son! So what I am trying to say is GOOD FOR YOU!! You know your child the best! I am going to become a follower of your blog so I can get to know you better and find out the results of Tater bug's second opinion!
Happy Friday!
Jen
Yay! I got my book in the mail today. I'm so excited to have won. Thank you again.
ReplyDeleteThe cruise sounds like lots of fun. And wishing you get the whole picture with Tater's appointment. I'll check in on Wednesday.
Have a great weekend!