Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Few Things...

Well, things have quieted down around here! :) Here is the latest in our on-going battle over OT...

I got a call Monday afternoon from the owner of the Pediatric Therapy place I was taking Tater Bug to. I have not been back since March because of a few issues. You might remember that they graded his test incorrectly, therapy only lasted a half an hour, and I just couldn't take that much time off of work. The slot they put him in was the latest one they had and I couldn't work it out. Missing 3 hours of work a week for 30 minutes of therapy just does not work for us.

Well the office manager has been calling me every week to see if we would be in. I have told her over and over my concerns and that I would call when I needed to make an appointment and gently reminding her that I still did not have the corrected test results. He was tested on March 11th. It is now May 6th. I still do not have the results. Open screening for the public schools is at the end of this month and I already have the appointment made for him. The whole point of having him tested was to rebuff the first results from the school system. I didn't want to wait until May to get him in... Funny, eh?

They knew from the beginning what my purpose was. This woman who called me apologized for the delay in the results. Then proceeded to ask me if we were coming back. I explained to her my issues with therapy only lasting 30 minutes. She said that I could pay for more time if I wanted to but most parents only like 30 minutes because of the cost. My insurance approves so many units per year. I could take an hour and pay the same copay as a 30 minute session. I also told her that I am waiting on the the results to be faxed over to me before I do anything else. She then proceeds to tell me that they don't just "send" the results. They like to go over them face to face with the parent. Um, hello! I have already been over the WRONG results with the OT. I asked her "So are you telling me that you are going to hold the results for ransom?!?!?" That was it for me! I think at that point during the conversation she realized that there was no going back. Then she says that she is going to have to "give" Tater Bug's spot to another child. She can't "hold" it any longer. Hardly. So she can go hound another parent into coming to her place! Seriously! I have never seen such unprofessionalism! It was like a used car salesman! Basically blocking the door so you couldn't get out!


NEWS FLASH: WE ARE NOT COMING BACK!!!

I am supposed to bring the corrected results with me to the screening on May 27th... We shall see if I get them by then!

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I'd write a formal complaint and demand that you have the results before a certain date. I don't know how much that would actually do, but then they'd have it there in writing as well as spoken. I hate dealing with people who are like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you A for standing up for you and Tater Bug. Your doing what a lot of parents are afraid to do.

    Hopefully the office can turn theirselves around before more patient's leave.

    Love ya,

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! I hope you get the right results on time! Hopefully all will go well with the public school registration and he will get into a great program! Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha, only laughing at how effective your NEWS FLASH marquee was. Too great!

    AS for the rest, yea --- you TELL HER Aileigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I just can't figure out how "businesses" like that can stay in business. Where is their compassion for the customer/client/patient? How do they continue to be accredited? I seriously would lodge a formal complaint...I mean come on March to May waiting for corrected results they KNOW they OWE you? UGH!! I sometimes wonder how you have any hair left!?!?! ;) I tell you my dear, you have been through h*ll and high water for your Tater Bug (OT, the awful eyeglass place!, etc...) and he is such a LUCKY little boy to have a MOMMA that doesn't give up! (Of course you know I mean BOTH your boys are lucky to have a Mom like you!) It's an honor to know and love such a loving woman/mother. Love you my dear...OH and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get those results. Love the scrolling message!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the News Flash! You Go Girl.... stand up for Tater Bug!

    ReplyDelete