*Update*
I went to the doc and had my PT (clotting time) checked. The reading should be between 2 and 3. I can't stop Lovenox shots until it reaches that level. Tuesday it was 1.2 so they upped my dosage of coumadin 3 times per week from 5 mg to 7.5 mg. They checked it today... 1.4 I was upset at first, but not so much anymore. They want me to take 7.5 mg everyday now and come back Monday for another check. It is going in the right direction, just not as fast as I would like it to. I swear, Monday I will have me some drinky drinks before I go in to thin out my blood even more! ;) J/K! It could be worse. I could be in the hospital trying to get to therapeutic levels! Away from my boys. I just have to come back down to reality and realize how lucky I am! Thanks mom! :)
First off, I apologize. I have not blogged in several days. I guess I only feel like blogging when I am happy and in great spirits. I don't want to bring everyone else down with me. I like to laugh and because of that, I feel like I refrain from blogging when I don't have anything that is light hearted or funny to say. That being said, when reading blogs, it doesn't matter to me if I laugh or not. If someone has a downer post, I am not going to turn away. So I guess I should apply my own rules to my blog, right?
This week didn't start off the best. One of my mom's friends lost her 29 year old son. Then the news of sweet little Kayleigh came early Tuesday morning. Being a mother makes it hard to hear of such news. It really hits home and rattles the core. A mother having to bury her child is unthinkable to me. I know it happens, but I simply can't imagine having to get through that. It is probably one of my worst fears as a mom. It is the unthinkable and my heart breaks for every mom out there that has had to go through it. I could seriously cry everyday thinking about it. Maybe this stems to my past issues with faith. I just don't know. But is heartbreaking, nonetheless.
I saw the hematologist Wednesday. We went over a few things (he confirmed that I would be on coumadin for the rest of my life) and he ordered more tests. This time, he is trying to rule out cancer. He said that clots can be a first indication of it and with my family history, better safe than sorry. My bloodwork from Friday has pretty much come back normal. They were still waiting on two of them. He ordered a CT scan and a boobie squish (mammogram). I had the CT yesterday and the boobie squish is Monday. I had my clotting time checked Tuesday and it wasn't even near therapeutic level yet. I have to continue the Lovenox shots until it gets there. I have it checked again today so pray it is there and I can stop these shots! I did them for 9+ months when pregnant with Stink Bait and they are absolutely no fun!
I have had a doctor visit or test every single day this week except for Monday. I don't like doctors and I don't like needles. I am not too worried about the whole cancer thing because he didn't seem to think that is what it is. I am grateful for the "just to be sure" approach that he is taking. Hopefully, this weekend will bring some nice weather and fun time with my boys to lift my spirits up a bit. As for my giveaway, obviously, now it is closed! I will draw a winner this weekend and will actually tell you what is in my little grab bag of stuff! :)

Hope next week is better for you.
ReplyDeleteStill praying that you're okay!
ReplyDeleteI hope next week is better...and that you feel like blogging more! I know what you mean about doctors....I feel like I spent the last two months in and out of dr. offices! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteAwww, Aileigh. I'm so sorry that your week's been like this. =0(
ReplyDeleteSigh. I do hope your weekend is a good one. I'm kinda dreading mine, which is not normal for me. I just have nothing fun planned and I'm kinda down too.
When I start to feel glum or sorry for myself, I'll pray for YOU, okay? =0)
Will be praying for you!
ReplyDeletethinking about you!!!
ReplyDeleteThis all sounds so stressful. Hope you are able to put some it out of your mind and enjoy your time with the family this weekend...oh, and avoid the drinky drinks ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you are going through so much Cammie!! I will be keeping you in my prayers. Take care, my friend.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need to blog even when your down so that people can be in prayer and be thinking of you!! I just caught up a little on your blog I was a little behind, sorry!
ReplyDeleteI had a blood clot back in 2000. It too was in my left leg right below my knee. I was put in the hospital for 3 days and on completely bed rest for 2 weeks. I was on Lovenox shots (I feel your pain) and Coumadin for 6 months. I had to get my blood checked EVERYDAY for 2 weeks and then once a week for 6 months. So I competely understand what you are going through. My clot was from taking birth control. Thankfully since getting off BC I haven't had any more clots! I've had a few scares when I got leg pains and swollen ankles but thankfully it was always just me being a little bit of a hypochondriac!
I've been told I'll be a high risk for clots if and when I get pregnant. (Which hubby and I are wanting to start TTC soon) I'd love to hear more about how your story. Maybe you could email me. jenieshell@gmail.com.
You are definitely in prayers!! Hang in there!!
Jen
Hey,
ReplyDeleteMy gosh I've missed a lot! I'm sorry to hear about the clots coming back. I hope the weather holds out and brightens your spirits.
I'm also so sorry for your friend.
You (and she) will certainly be in my thoughts,
Lauren
You should take your own advice and realize we love you with the happy/good and sad/bad times. We can't all be 100% happy all the time, then honestly we wouldn't really appreciate the good times then would we? ;) I'm so thankful your Dr is being thorough..."just in case" testing is good especially when it comes to us young'uns! I'm sure that once they get your levels up, you'll be able to relax (well, after the boobie squish session anyway!) Please know I'm thinking of you...sending great big hugs your way! Hope you enjoyed your "oops, forgot" b-day party today...hee-hee! At least it was a celebration and time with the boys!!! Love you, Bren
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you and I hope all your tests come back fine!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Robin
Oh man! I am sorry for your health issues right now- that sucks!
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for you!
Keep us updated
I can't believe I missed these last few posts! I'm so sorry to hear your week was terribly hectic and difficult. I have the same worries now that I am a mother and it rocks me more than I had ever imagined to hear of someone losing a child. My heart aches so much to hear of such losses.
ReplyDeleteI do pray for your medical concerns to be revealed for exactly what they are and for them to be kept in perspective as well as a treatable. I hope that following us around on a windy Sunday afternoon gave to lots to giggle at and raised your spirits. Your wonderful smile sure lifted mine.
Many blessings,
Tiff