
Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!

This is a hard one for me... This is Tater Bug when he was just over a year old. He wasn't walking yet, but he was crawling. It was March and we were having some unusually warm weather! The thing that is hard is that is my beloved Monty. I got him when he was just 9 weeks old. I raised him like he was my child. He went everywhere with me. He loved water and we couldn't keep him in the boat when we went to the lake. Only 8 months after this photo was taken, Monty passed. Typing that is even hard to do. He got sick one day and the next day he was gone. Cancer. He was a young 10 years old. I dreamed of Tater Bug and him growing together. I knew that we would lose him when Tater Bug was fairly young, but I wasn't expecting this. I loved him with all of my heart!
I MISS YOU MONTY!

Awwwww, he was a beautiful dog! Isn't it strange how big of an impact a pet can have on our lives? I've had many, many pets - but only a few that I've LOVED and grown so attached to.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you joined me on my walk today.
He was a beautiful part of your family. At least you have this great photo to show your son.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. Monty was a BEAUTIFUL dog!
ReplyDeleteHi, Aileigh~
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. Monty was a BEAUTIFUL dog who will forever hold a special place in your heart. What a blessing that you have such wonderful memories to always look back on!
It is amazing how much they become a part of our lives!
Blessings~
Laura
Oh how I miss that silly dog! :) What good memories!! And just look at how much Tater Bug has grown...wow...time sure plays tricks on us nowadays! Miss you, Love you! Bren
ReplyDeleteI'm saddened to hear this :-( He looks like a sweet, sweet dog.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear that, he is a beautiful dog.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious dog and child. Our dog died when our son was only 11 months old. Our dog was 14 years old.
ReplyDeleteSad day. We still miss him.
Hope you are having a nice summer.
Nannette @ Life: Be In It
I'm so sorry, it is awful to lose a pet. Our dog is 9, makes me nervous the older she gets.
ReplyDeleteS