Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All Over The Place!

Warning... This post is going to be all over the place! I have a few updates to share (since it has been over a week) and just thought you should be forewarned!


Doctor appointment with hematologist/oncologist was Wednesday. The CT scan showed diverticulosis and a hernia behind my belly button. Not a big deal, but could become problematic in the future. They mentioned that my boobie squish was fine, but I got a letter in the mail the next day saying that there was some abnormalities found and they would suggest an ultrasound. Not sure what this means, but I will be talking to my doc on Thursday to find out! I am off of Lovenox shots! That was some REALLY good news! :) I am now on 10mg of Coumadin every day. I get my clotting time checked this week so hopefully it has stayed the same! :)

Tater Bug was "screened" for preschool last week. He was deemed "needs further evaluation" by the preschool director. Big surprise... (insert eye roll here) (Side note: I FINALLY got the corrected results of his eval from March from the OT place!! Seriously, it was done on March 11th and I got it in my hands on May 22nd! SIX DAYS BEFORE THE OPEN SCREENING!!!) He passed (barely) on developmental, but his social was way off... Funny thing: One of the ladies involved in the meeting back in February was his evaluator. She told me back then "he isn't as bad as you think he is" when we met the first time. When she actually got her hands on him, her reaction was "he NEEDS to be in the program, we just have to figure out HOW to get him in!" That's what I thought... So at this point in the game, I am about 75% sure he will be in preschool in the fall. He has to get another long evaluation in the next 60 days and we will go from there. Keep your fingers crossed that they see what we see...

Photography... Booming! The FIRST wedding is this weekend! I simply can't wait! I have a "plan" in place and hoping it goes very smooth! I am excited about showing my creative side! I have booked several more shoots! I have two next week and one next weekend. I also booked a job for the last Friday/Saturday in June with the local county fair. 4-H and Livestock. :) How about that for expanding my horizons?!?

Stink Bait has been sick. Keeping us up at night, not eating, and just overall fussy! I swear I think he is going to cut a mouth full of teeth in the next few weeks! His gums are sooooo swollen!!! Poor guy! He has a sinus infection and I stayed home with him Monday! (That's why I didn't do my Not Me! post this week! Sorry to disappoint!) My Granny had surgery last week, Golf Man's grandfather has been in the hospital, and we have been trying to finalize house plans so we can get started. Life, in general, has been crazy! :) Sorry for being so absent!


8 comments:

  1. Wow that is crazy!!

    Glad you're health issues are getting better. I've been wondering about that!

    And hooray on getting the results for Tater Bug!

    Try to breathe - sounds chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you hear you are getting better. I am SO jealous of the photography thing. I would LOVE to get into this myself too

    Do you know a lot about shooting in manual mode vs in a/p or s/p? That would be my big challange. I do okay in aperture mode but other than that I dont know much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girly, after my last "squish", they found an abnormality. They said I had to go back for a "re-squish", so I did right then! They worked me in. Re-squish #1, bad results. Re-squish #2 hurt more, but they're still not sure. Re-squish #3, how much can you squeeze those babies? - Still not good. Ultrasound was next. "OH, it's just a little water bubble type of growth, and will NEVER matter. Have a nice day!" Seriously PEOPLE? You could've done the ultrasound FIRST and not turned 'em into pancakes THREE times?!

    Best of luck Aileigh. But don't stress, I'm sure it'll be fine... after they make pancakes.

    Best of luck on Tater Bug, too! They'll get him in, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates!! It sounds like you have been SUPER busy!! Yay about the photography stuff going so well...good luck at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with E - I requested an ultrasound first but they made me get another squish when it could have been easily seen from the ultrasound. There has got to be some benefit to them for keeping pushing for the mammo first. Anyway, hang in there with all that you have going on. That is great news about the preschool and your booming business! Hoping the rest all falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean by busy! I really don't have time to blog, but I need something to chill me out lately! I've been too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! That is a lot of stuff! Poor thing, you must be exhausted! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that Tater Bug gets into pre-school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that they caught Tater Bug! The referral process can be a big pain, but it is worth it in the end. It is too bad they had to wait until the summer months, but if he is in preschool in the fall, that will be a good thing!
    Good luck with the boobie squish--ouch!!

    ReplyDelete