Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Letter to Olay

Dear Makers of Olay Body Wash:

I have recently discovered your wonderful Body Wash plus Tone Enriching Ribbons. I picked this particular body wash because of the scent. I am very particular about the smell I put on my body. This particular body wash has a heavenly smell! I am on my second bottle.


However, this should come with a warning label...

You see, yesterday, I was scheduled for a boobie squish (mammogram) and your body wash posed a problem for me. When I lopped my boobie up onto that table, it was glimmering and sparkly! The tech asked me what was on my boobie. Since my husband is the one in the family who is supposed to examine my boobies, I had no idea what those sparkles were! I thought maybe I had begun my transformation into Edward Cullen's better half! Ahem...

The tech told me to go into the bathroom and try to "wash" it off. I knew this would pose a problem because, theoretically, it should have come off in the shower after applying! I obliged her... The picture of myself in the bathroom mirror lathering up my boobies and scrubbing the dickens out of them is one that will be burned into my brain for a VERY long time. It may have been the source of any young man's fantasies, but for me, not so much.

I came back out thinking that I had accomplished something only to lop my boobie up on the table again and find it just as sparkly as ever! Unfortunately, the sparkles would show up as calcification and that is what they are looking for. The sparkles are so small, one would think it wouldn't matter. So there I sat... With sparkly boobies... While the tech went and asked the radiologist about it. I can only imagine how that conversation went! Most people would appreciate the sparkliness of my boobies. The radiologist... well, I guess he didn't.

In the end, I was not able to get the boobie squish. I was instructed to go home and use a non-glittery body wash or soap for the next five days and come back. Hopefully with less impressive non-sparkly boobies. So you really should have a warning label on your product...


Warning: May Make Boobies Sparkle Thus Not Allowing Boobie Squish!

Sincerely,



P.S. Now I get to go have THAT conversation with my boss...

51 comments:

  1. LOL Only this would happen to you! I'm sorry, but it's so incredibly funny!! Who would've thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness! That is hilarious...I am rolling!! I would have died from embarrassement...like getting your boobie squished isn't embarrassing enough on a normal day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha. That's HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA. OMG, Thank you so much for this! I so needed a laugh today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Aileigh, This one goes down in my book as one of THE BEST BLOGS EVER!!!

    That was the funniest freakin' thing I've read in AGES!

    How humiliating for poor you with your sparkly boobies to get "judged" and sent home...only to have to go back again later! Man!!!

    The award goes to AILEIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sparkly boobies-- al-right!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahaha! I'm sorry, this must have been so embarrassing and such a time-waster....but it is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahahaahha!!! That is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!!! This is SO a situation that would happen to YOU!! :) And, having worked in customer service for too long...I think you should ABSOLUTELY send this letter to Olay! I have this feeling you would make a ton of people who work a pretty dull job laugh their bums off! This is absolutely hilarious & I can only imagine what the tech is telling her family over dinner tonight! :) Hee-hee! Love you,you silly woman! Love, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! HAHAHA!! Oh....I feel a new nickname coming on..... Hahahaha! This is by far the funniest thing I've read in a while! Godd stuff girl. Thanks for being so real. I do have to say I've always thought you've had a sparkly personality. Now I KNOW it to be true! HAHA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was HILARIOUS! Oh man, I am dying! Imagine what they thought! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFL....that is the funniest thing ever! I can only imagine the look on your boss's face when you tell him you have to take another day off for your mammogram because they couldn't do that last one because your boobs were to sparkly! HEHEHE too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sparkle boobies! HAHAHAHAH!!! That is hysterical!

    I'll never look at Olay the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was the funniest story I have read all week! Note to self: Do not use Olay when getting checked out by a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Funny !! Stopping by from Blah, Blah, Blah Blog.
    Happy Wednesday!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! That is hilarious. And the fact that you slipped in an Edward Cullen reference makes it even better. Here's wishing you non-sparkling boobies on your mammogram days and sparkly ones every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the funniest thing! I will remember that as it is time for my boobie squish! Thanks so being so informative, you never know what you will learn reading a blog! LoL Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, at least you gave the radiolist and technician something to talk about at the dinner table, LOL! And thanks for the warning!

    came over via Nikki Crumpet

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a funny story! I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi...I came by here by a prompt from Blah Blah Blah Blog and glad I did! What a freakin riot this was! You should send that letter to Olay...they'd love it! What the heck is in that stuff that makes it cling so much to your boobies? Does it have petroleum in it or what?? Thanks for the laugh...it's been a long, daunting week and I needed that! I will check back again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too funny, thanks for sharing, but now I can't get the picture of you in the doctors RR trying to wash your boobies... and I don't even know you...giggle
    Hugs,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad for the warning...although I don't quite understand why sparkly boobies would prevent a mashing machine from completing the test??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by, you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest story I've heard in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I came here from Blah, Blah, and was not disappointed. I am sorry your "Squish" got delayed, but totally laughing at the sparkle situation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aileigh,

    I found you via Yaya. OMG! That is quite a story!

    That wasted trip in for the mammogram must have put a real "sparkle" in your day, huh?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi hun!

    I'm here because Yaya mentioned you and sparkly boobies. Being the sick fool that I am, I couldn't just let the pass, lol!!! Very cute story and I'm now a follower because you sound like my kinda people!! (that's a good thing by the way, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Poppin in from Yaya's. Oh dear. What, no rating higher than funny? Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a funny story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is hysterical! Are you really going to contact Oil of Olay?

    ReplyDelete
  30. ROFLOLMBFMO! OMGosh, my side hurts! Sorry you have to delay your boobie squishing. I would have like to have delayed mine PERMANENTLY!

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOL! I'm visiting from Scottsville and can understand! Not because I've had a mammorgram, but I also use this great soap, and get the sparkliness of it...and because I'm an x-ray tech and know how sensitive those darn xrays can be! ha ha! Better luck next time! the sacrifices of being a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Priceless... this has to be one of the top ten funniest posts I've ever read on a blog. Well done!!

    Twinkle Twinkle Mammogram
    Fresh and sparkly clean I am!
    'Twas my goal to get 'em washed,
    Before 'twas their turn to get squashed...

    Twinkle Twinkle Mammogram
    Next time pass on that soap, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  33. P.S. You SOOOOOOOOOOOO need to send that letter to them. We double dog dare you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Here via Scottsville...that was sooo funny! I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aileigh, in case you haven't noticed.... I'm sending all my readers over to you today. Not for a prize. Not for any reason... just cuz this post deserved a shout-out! So all these new comments today? Yeah- that'd be cuz of MEEEEE!!! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Aileigh! Erica over at Scottsville sent me your way. She said you should win the Most Funniest Post Ever Award. So, I hopped right over to see for myself. I'm here to reward you the Most Funniest Post Ever Award (sorry don't have a cute little button for ya :o(

    That IS the FUNNIEST!!! Who would have thought that having sparkly boobs would not be a good thing. I thought sparkles made everything better. Oh well, this is good to know.

    Things to Remember:
    NO OIL OF OLAY RIBBONS BODY WASH ON BOOBY SQUISHY DAY!!

    Thanks again for the heads up,
    (or should I say "boobies up"?)

    ~Miti

    ReplyDelete
  37. Erica over at Scottsville sent me over and I am so glad that I did come and read and laugh! Soo funny...you have great humor and wit! Love it! I hate to have my boobies squished and then to learn that when you get there and then have to come back...that can't be fun! Hope it all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMGosh! That is hilarious!! Erica sent me your way, and boy am I glad she did. I needed that laugh today!! I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so glad Erica sent us over to read this. This is hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. erica sent me to read this and I am laughing my boobies (oops) bottom off!

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOL.Thats all I can say lol

    ReplyDelete
  42. Came here cuz Erica sent me. Had to read the funniest story ever told. And it is hilarious. I haven't used this product, but I'll be sure not to when I go for my mammo next month.

    I'll be back to see how things went for ya.

    How do you pronounce your name?
    More later. Have great summer.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh Boy now that was pretty darn funny!I do wish you better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  44. YOU HAVE GOT TO KIDDING! I can not believe it. I am sure that you must have been mortified but for the rest of us. OH, MY Goodness...HOW FUNNY. I will never be able to approach a mammogram without laughing out loud.

    And I must get me some of that stuff...because well, gee, after nursing 7 babies for like 14 years or something like that...well, my "boobies" could use all the help they can get...and this might be up there with the Miracle Bra!

    ReplyDelete