After losing her daughter, she went through a little more heartbreak with a miscarriage. Then she found herself as a single mom, which was probably more of a blessing because she deserves so much better than what she was getting.
I will never forget when she first told me about T. She actually giggled. She blushed. K NEVER blushes. Her smile from ear to ear told me that she had found someone really special. Someone that treated her the way she was supposed to be treated. Someone who allowed her to be herself no matter how dorky that might be. It made my heart soar to know that her heart was being treated the way it should be. I couldn't wait to meet him. I know I walked away from conversations with her thinking that they would be married. Wondering if they would adopt together. I had plans for them, and it wasn't even my life! I couldn't wait to photograph the perfect blended family.
On April 1st, T was in a very serious motorcycle accident. Being the jokester that K is, at first I thought it might be a joke. After all, both her and T had been joking on facebook earlier in the day. Something about hair transplanting. :) Then it carried over into the next day and the day after that. I realized very quickly that it wasn't. Through facebook, I was keeping vigil on him and his injuries. Praying every chance I got, although my faith isn't as strong as most. I don't talk to the big man often, but I NEEDED to for him and her.
She was awesome through it all. She updated every few hours. She was obviously by his side through it all. I can't imagine the toll it took on her. Trying to be a mom, provide for her son, and watching the man that she loved fight for his life. After all, she was only his "girlfriend." Nothing was official. No marriage certificate. No ring. But it was obvious that he loved her dearly and she loved him more. I don't think they could have been more committed to each other. Their love wasn't defined by a piece of paper. She was there. Through the whole thing. She is a part of his family.
T fought hard, but lost his battle early Sunday morning... I knew he had a long hard road to recover, but I thought that he was somewhat in the clear. Or as much as he could be. There were liver and kidney problems, but I thought that those could be overcome. I was ignorant. K was by his side along with his mom and family. Watching her love drift from this world to go watch over her. Watching him go and be with her daughter. It is just really sad. I want her to be happy so much. But one person shouldn't have to endure that much pain in their life. Especially someone like K. It hurts to know that she is hurting yet once again. But she is a strong woman. Stronger than anyone I have ever known. Please pray for her. Pray for her and T's friends and family. I didn't "know" him, but his impact on K's life made a hug impact on mine.
I love you K. Like a sister. I am here for you anytime. Just call.

No comments:
Post a Comment