First off, I have been meaning to do my "Hottie" post for a while because Shannon & America's Next Top Mommy both gave me the "Hottie" Award!
They both said some really nice things about me which I am sure that I don't deserve. :) Honestly, these two are my favorite blogs to read for very different reasons!
America's Next Top Mommy is sarcastic and witty. She makes me laugh daily and is devoted to her kids and family! It has been a pleasure to get to know her and I can't wait to read more!
Shannon is a newlywed. She is devoted to her hubby and puppies! She makes me step back in time and remember where my crazy life as a wife started just five years ago!
So thank you ladies! You are too kind! I am supposed to pass this on to 8 people so here are my "Hottie" pics!
April over at April Showers!
Carma over at Carma Sez!
Kelly over at I Can See Clearly Now...
Kelli over at Random Thoughts of a Supermom!
Kitten over at The Bookkitten!
Alicia over at Yaya Stuff!
Nikki Crumpet over at Blah, Blah, Blah, Blog!
My friend B who doesn't have a blog, but I think she is hot anyway! :)
Next up is a wonderful award from Mommy of M's called "Mom of the Year."
She is a fellow NICU graduate mom! Her boys are ADORABLE! There are a few rules associated with this award:
1. Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
The day Tater Bug had his febrile seizure... We took him to urgent care without our regular diaper bag (no Tylenol in this one). I didn't give him Tylenol before we left because I wanted them to get an accurate reading of his temperature. We go get seen and got some prescriptions. I had asked Golf Man to take us home while he drove 30 minutes (to the all night pharmacy) to get the prescription. He showed some resistance so I let it go and we all went. While I went inside to get the script, he waited out on the car with Tater Bug. I should have bought some Tylenol then and given it to him immediately, but I waited until the script was done. As soon as I got to the car, I was giving him meds. By the time we got home, the Tylenol should have had time to work. Within 15 minutes, I was on the phone with 911 thinking that my baby was going to die. My mom was giving him rescue breaths because he had stopped breathing. It was horrible! I still blame myself to this day...
2. Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
*When Tater Bug says "I wuv you, mommy" and gives me a big hug!
*When Stink Bait smiles for no reason other than I am looking at him and smiling!
*When Tater Bug comes running into my arms when I pick him up from daycare!
*When Stink Bait "growls" when he is happy!
*I love snuggling with them both!
*I love kissing them both!
*I love seeing them both smile!
3. Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Immediately, I thought of Cammie! Yes, she is a great mom, but I really wanted to know what she would post for the first rule! This girl is a complete hoot and she makes me laugh with just about every post! I love to laugh, what can I say?
And for that very same reason, I bestow it to America's Next Top Mommy! :)
Next up would be my friend Erica! She has a very parallel life to mine in so many ways. She played the role in my life that my dad did. She married her husband and raised his two boys as her own! A woman to be admired!
Now we have Melissa! She is preggers with her second baby and looks absolutely fabulous! She always finds creative things to do with her son and is a hands-on mommy! I look forward to getting more ideas from her in the future!
Lastly, but certainly not least, is K over at Three Little Saints. I met this woman through a March of Dimes site and this mom deserves this award more than anyone I know. I won't get into the details, you need to head over to her site and read for yourself. She and her son have been through soooo much, but she still finds the time and love to help and encourage others! K is one of a kind and I am honored to be her friend! :)
Now, if I didn't mention you in this, please don't get offended. Every mom blog I visit is incredible! And the women who write them are awesome! :)

heehee. I have the perfect story for this. I will get it posted in a few days....
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog too! It's one of my faves - you're always so honest and open!
ReplyDeleteThat must've been a really, very scary event! I can't imagine having to go through that - but you pulled through it! Don't worry about that anymore!! Your kiddos are lucky they have such a great mom!
Awwww, thanks for such sweet words, Aileigh!
ReplyDeleteYou left me speechless.... =0) [that's hard to do]
You silly girl, how can I get an award without a blog? :) And a hottie award at that!?!?! I'm blushing, really I am...funny, but I needed some kind of pick-me-up more than you know right now and you put a smile on my face! Thanks for that! You kick butt! ;) Love you, Bren
ReplyDeleteCongrats on both awards, Aileigh!! And thanks for passing on the Hottie award to me!! One of these days I will get around to posting some of mine awards too...I'm such a procrastination! They should make an award for that!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your awards, you Hottie Mama- and thanks for bestowing me with the Hottie award; I am honored to accept it. Was it the new bangs that clinched it??? :D
ReplyDeletecarma
Congrats on your awards!
ReplyDeleteAw shucks, thanks :-) My favorite is when my daughter says, "you're the best mommy I've eeeeever had." Makes me giggle every time!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your awards. :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing (and I'm proud to be your friend!)
Love ya
K